Terms and Conditions
- “Myriels Services” mean any service provided by the Company under the brand name of Myriels.
2. Statements, Effect and Changes of the Terms and Conditions
- The Company will post these Terms and Conditions in an applicable Service or on the front page of Services or send notifications thereof in other methods. The Terms and Conditions will have effect on anyone who agrees to them.
- Our Terms and Conditions may change, if necessary, to the extent that they do not violate relevant laws and regulations. In case of any changes, the Company, in principle, will notify or inform you about the changes at least 15 days prior to the effective date. If the changes inevitably affect you adversely, the Company will send a SMS to the mobile phone number registered to Myriels or send notifications or use any other reasonable means to notify or inform you about such changes at least 30 days prior to the effective date.
- You are deemed to agree to the revised Terms and Conditions unless you express yourself after the Company clearly notifies or informs you as described above that you are deemed to be agreeing to any changes made if you do not give refusal no later than seven (7) days after the effective date of the revised version. If you do not agree to the revised terms for a Service, you may terminate your use of that Service in accordance with Paragraph 1, Article 12.
3. Additional TermsAny matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions will be subject to relevant laws or individual terms and services of a relevant Service, policies and rules that the Company may adopt from time to time ("Guiding Principles"). If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Guiding Principles, the Guiding Principles will control for that conflict.
4. Creating Myriels Account
- A Myriels Account is a combination of characters, special characters, and numbers you registered before to personally identify yourself in Services. You may create your own Myriels Account once you agree to the Terms and Conditions, register your Myriels Account and password, and if needed, the Company may approve your account after verifying your email address or telephone number.
- You do not necessarily need a Myriels Account to use Myriels Services, but you may need a Myriels Account for certain Myriels Services such as contacts backup, contacts synchronizing.
5. Rejecting or Withholding Approval of Creating Myriels Account
The Company may not approve of your creation of Myriels Account if any of the following applies. Especially, if you are under 14 years old, you are not allowed to use Myriels Serivce and create a Myriels Account.
- If the Company had deleted your Myriels Account;
- If you have attempted to create a Myriels Account by using a third party’s name, email address or personal information;
- If you did not enter required information or entered false information in the process of creating a Myriels Account;
- If you violate any applicable law or regulation, or additional terms or standards set by the Company.
- If it is found that you have created a Myriels Account in violation of the above conditions, the Company may immediately stop providing Services to you, delete your Myriels Account or place other appropriate restrictions.
- On the following occasions, the Company may withhold consent to creating your Myriels Account.
- If there is no practical space in the installed capacity to provide Services;
- If a technical issue is found, at our discretion, in providing Services; or
- If the Company finds it necessary for financial or technological causes.
6. Managing Myriels Account
- You should be the only person who signs in with your Myriels Account and should never let others use them. You should manage your password by yourself so that others may not have unauthorized access to your Myriels Account. If you learn of any unauthorized use, please contact the Company and let us know. The Company will provide you with instructions to protect your account or ID from unauthorized access by others.
- You may view and change your information using the Account in Services. However, you may not be able to change some information like your Myriels Account, phone number and unique device identifiers required for us to provide and manage Services. If you want to update the information you provided us at the time of signing up for Services, you may change it directly on the Services or contact us via email.
- The Company is not responsible for any losses resulting from your failure to update information in Services.
- The Company grants you a personal, worldwide, non-assignable, non-exclusive and royalty-free license necessary for your use of the software provided to you by the Company as part of Services. Please do not forget, however, that this does not grant you the right to use our trademark or logo.
- The Company may provide you with updates of the software needed to use Services once a new feature is available or an unnecessary feature is removed. Please update the software regularly so that you may use and enjoy the benefit of Services.
- If you encounter problems like system errors while using Services, please contact the Company at any time.
- If you choose to connect to a 4G/LTE network provided by your carrier when using Myriels Services, please note that you may be charged additional data fees by your carrier. You’ll be responsible for any additional data charges incurred when using Myriels Services. Please contact your carrier for further inquiries regarding your data plans.
You may use our Services freely, but do not misuse them as follows:
- Don't interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the ones we provide or approve.
- Don’t collect or use information of other Service users or provide it to any third party. You should not use Services for profit and send or post offensive, obscene or illegal content like information that infringes upon copyright.
- Don't copy, modify, distribute, sell, transfer, lease, or pledge any part of our Services or included software, or allow any third party to use them without the Company's consent. You should not reproduce, disassemble, duplicate or alter Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the software.
- You may not assign, transfer or pledge the rights to use Services or any contracts with us.
- If you do not comply with our terms or policies or applicable law, the Company may investigate your misconduct, suspend or stop providing Services to you, or restrict you from signing up again.
- If you do not have any record of signing in or accessing Services during the time period set by applicable laws, we may discard or store your information separately by sending email or SMS notifications to the address you registered with or using other effective means. If there is not enough necessary information as a result, you may not be eligible to use Services.
9. Proprietary Rights and Use of Copyrighted Contents
- You may post content ("Contents") like photos, text, information, video, or comments or proposals on Myriels Services or the Company. Of course, the owner of the relevant Contents will continue to have ownership of copyrights and intellectual property rights.
- When you upload contents on Myriels Services, you expose contents on both Myriels, to the extent necessary, grant the Company a worldwide and permanent license to use, store, modify, reproduce, publicly transmit or display, or distribute such contents. Such license continues even if you stop using Services or if you choose to unregister your Myriels Account. That is, the rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, improving and promoting Services and developing new ones. Some Services may offer you ways to access or remove content that you provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services.
- Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services. The person who uploads the Contents is responsible for any issues arising out of not having such rights. Also, you may not submit or post offensive, obscene, violent or illegal content.
- The Company may remove or refuse to display content that we believe violates our policies or the law. However, that does not necessarily mean that the Company has an obligation to monitor all the content. If you think somebody is violating your rights, you can let us know through the Customer Service.
- Our Services may display some content that is not ours. This content is the sole responsibility of the one that makes it available. Using our Services does not give you any rights on content of other users. You may not use the content unless you obtain permission from its owner.
10. Using, Modifying and Terminating Services
- The Company does its best to provide Services 24/7 all year round. However, we may temporarily stop our Services for regular or temporary inspection for maintenance, repair or for other reasons, and we will make sure to give you advance notice within Services on such occasions. If Services are unexpectedly suspended, the Company will make its utmost efforts to figure out the possible causes and restore Services as soon as possible.
- We may modify functionalities or features of a Service, or suspend or stop a Service because the contract signed with a content provider for service provision is terminated or modified or a new service is launched. We will post notice of such modifications or terminations on the front page of Services or on the screen or the notice page in the applicable Service. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you individually of any modification or termination that materially affect your rights or obligations, by sending electronic messages, SMS or an email to the email address you use as a Myriels Account or through other similar mechanisms.
11. Terminating the Use of Service
- You may request for the termination of these Terms and Conditions at any time by using the menu provided in Services. The Company will take actions accordingly in a swift manner as required under the relevant laws and regulations.
13. Limitation of Liability, etc.
- To the extent permitted by law, other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, the Company does not make any specific promises or give warranties. Also, the Company excludes all warranties regarding the credibility and accuracy of information, data and facts in Services provided by a content provider or posted by a user and is not liable for any loss or damage incurred to you as a result.
The Company will indemnify you for any loss which has occurred as a result of our fault in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and relevant laws. However, the Company will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any of the following, and to the extent permitted by law, the Company will not be responsible for indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
- Losses due to natural disasters or acts of God;
- Service errors due to reasons attributable to you;
- Personal losses arising from the access to or use of Services;
- Losses due to an illegal access to or use of our server by a third party;
- Losses due to interference in transmission to or from our Server;
- Losses due to transmission or spread of malware by a third party;
- Damages arising from the use of Services by a third party including omissions, loss or destruction of transmitted data, or defamation, etc.; or
- Other losses arising from acts of the Company that are not intentional or negligent.
14. Juvenile ProtectionIn order to protect adolescents from harmful content and support their safe use of Internet as a space where people of 14 and over can freely engage in, the Korean government enforces Juvenile Protection Policy under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. Please refer to the front page of Services for more information.
15. Notices and AnnouncementsYour opinion matters to us. You may visit our website and express your opinions at any time. The Company may send an email to the email address you use as a Myriels Account or send electronic messages or SMS to notify or inform you. Notices to all users will become effective no sooner than seven (7) days after they are posted on the front page of Services or on notice page.
16. Dispute ResolutionThese Terms and Conditions or Services will be governed and implemented by the laws of the Republic of Korea. The Company will consult with you in good faith to resolve any disputes arising out of or relating to the use of Services. If unsettled, the case may be taken to the court to be determined pursuant to the Korean civil procedure law.
- Date of Notice: February 6, 2016
- Date of Implementation: March 1, 2016
Your personal information will be used by MYRIELS to provide better services.MYRIELS will collect your personal information as necessary to provide the Services in a seamless manner and to improve your user experience. In order to provide the basic features and other specialized functionalities of the Services pursuant to the Terms of Service for which your consent is given, it may be necessary for MYRIELS to verify your identity information, account, contact information and device information. Your personal information may be used to search, register or notify other Service users who are in your contact list or who may be your MYRIELS friends. Furthermore, your personal information may also be used to give any individual notifications, deal with any inquiries or disputes arising in connection with your use of the Services. In addition, your personal information may be used to perform statistical analysis for new customized services, comply with obligations required under applicable laws and regulations, and prevent any improper use of your personal information that may cause harm to you in violation of law or the Terms of Service.
MYRIELS will collect the following information:When you sign up for the Services or in the course of your use of the Services, MYRIELS will collect your telephone number, contact information saved on your smartphone or other device (telephone numbers and names of third parties), username (nickname), Myriels Account email address. For information about sending e-mail and password through the official website of MRIELS, individual applications or programs. You may choose to provide us with your user ID and photos (including meta-information). Device-specific information (such as your operating system, screen size and unique device identifiers), IP address, cookies, date of visit, record of illegitimate use, service use records, etc. can be created automatically and collected in the course of service use or business process.
However, in some games services provided by the company can be MacAddress after your prior consent collected for hacking and abusing protection.
MYRIELS will never disclose your personal information to a third party unless consented by you or otherwise required by law.MYRIELS will use your personal information only for the purposes set forth above and will not disclose to or share your personal information with any third party unless consented by you in the course of your use of the Services or otherwise required by law. For any Services that are linked to a third-party service, MYRIELS may provide your personal information to such third party with your consent within the scope necessary for your use of the Services.